- Why do I need a budget? Open PDF
- Where is all my money going? Open PDF
10 Financial Danger Signals Open PDF
Meet with our certified Financial Counselor/Planner
How can a Financial Counselor help me?
Review your current spending behavior, create a realistic budget and avoid credit overuse.
Starting a new chapter in your life, such as, starting college, getting married, or looking to retire? Now is the perfect time to review your finances!
Learn how it works and how to make it work in your favor
Whether you are looking to buy your first home or trying to prevent your home from foreclosure, learn more about the home loan process.
What do I need to do for an appointment?
- Print off the Financial Counseling Agreement and Information Packet – fill out as much as you can. If there are parts you are unsure about, don’t worry, you can fill out that part out with the financial counselor.
- Next, call or email for your appointment. 435-723-5231 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you can’t come in to one of our offices for an appointment, counseling sessions over the phone are available.
Do you have a financial question? Submit your question here: email@example.com
If your question is chosen for the question of the month, you could receive a $20 VISA gift card!
Q. I want to start building my credit history, but I have never had a loan before. What is the best way to get started?
A. One suggestion would be to get a secured credit card. A secured credit card is obtained when you pledge a set amount of money to be held in your savings account. This money will cover the balance on the credit card in the case you do not make your payments. This is similar to a security deposit you make on an apartment. Your payment activity will be reported to the credit bureaus, which will allow you to build your credit, without getting into a lot of debt.
As a reminder, Members First offers FREE financial counseling, and can assist you in this. Call today to make an appointment. 435-723-5231